I am blessed. Truly. And today I would like to take the time to count my blessings. I've declared today SO GRATEFUL SUNDAY. It might appear next week or I might forget all about it. But today I am counting my blessings.
Of course no blessing count would be complete without acknowledging my biggest and most cherished blessings: My Harley Stud, Daughters #1 and #2, my parents, my siblings, My Daisy, my inlaws (all of them), Mayzie and Pixie, my very large extended family and of course last but not least my friends. Those are a given.
While I am always grateful for the afore-mentioned blessings that make my life complete, today I am counting the simple joys in my life that add a little kick and make it interesting. (at least to me)
- The sound of my coffee maker. It has a built in grinder and sounds like a 747 is landing in the kitchen. I love it.
- The smell of fresh mown grass.
- My convertible. This is the best time of year for a top-down drive. (At least when there is not a hurricane brewing out there)
- The inlet. One of my favorite places to go. MHS knows if he wants to make me happy, he can take me there and all the stress just falls away into the water as I watch the boats come in and go out, count crabs on the rocks, and peer into the fisherman's buckets to see their catch of the day.
- My ipod. Oh, the places it can take me when I completely zone out and tune in.
- Blogging and the new friends it has given me.
- Cooking for friends and family. It's usually good too. But even when it's not, we always have a good time.
- My neighbors' nanny goats. They make me smile.
- Nanny Goats in Panties. She makes me laugh. Even though sometimes I have no idea what she is talking about. (Yeah, I did it. I ended a sentence in a preposition. I'm a rebel like that sometimes. But I'm Hoosier-born. It's in my blood)
- FSU football and the 2-0 stats we have so far this season. GO NOLES!
What are the blessings for which you are grateful today?
Give Credit Where Credit is Due
I would like to thank Thistle, whose post prompted me to create "So Grateful Sunday".