Sunday, March 15, 2009

THE MAKING OF A BIKER CHICK - On the Road in Wyoming



My last biker chick post was out of sequence so that I could tell my tales of adventure on the Bear Tooth Pass for the Spin Cycle. We now join the regularly scheduled program already in progress:

We left Deadwood, SD just after breakfast heading for Cody, Wyoming. The following photographs were taken along the way. Please accept my apologies in advance for any blurring as most were taken from the back of a moving motorcycle. You can click on the photograph to enlarge them for detail.

Wyoming is a beautiful state and I should know because we road from one end to the other: East, West, North and South. We enjoyed breath-taking views, spotted all sorts of wildlife and I often found myself wishing that I could live in a place like this some day.

It seemed the terrain would change with each turn. These grassy areas look like velvet in the distance.

My Harley Stud is a manly man. A real tough guy. He actually stopped the bike and made me take this picture because he said it looked like the background in the Disney movie, Cars. And there you have it: Radiator Springs

If you haven't seen Cars, it's only one of the best Disney movies ever.

Looking down. *gulp*


Look at the tree growing right out of the rock.


The sign says that the bridge is for vehicles and pedestrians only. Other activities are prohibited. I wonder what they had in mind?


The Saint lost a tennis bracelet and I lost a diamond earring along this road somewhere. I know, I know...............why were we wearing good jewelry on a motorcyle trip? A girl's gotta look good while she's flying down the highway, you know.

Anyway, if you spot either in the pictures, let me know. We'll go back.


Are you beginning to have wanderlust? I am. *pout*


Velvet mountainsides again.


A butt break for the weary riders. But what's this? They don't look so weary. Look at the Saint's hair. How does she do it? You can't see me because I'm behind the camera but let me tell you my helmet hair is not pretty. Look at her! She looks great! Grrrr.
Oh and the handsome devils there, they look alright too.
Notice the Biker Nazi is being the Biker Nazi.


I've done a little house-keeping here at the SMB site. I've cleaned up my side-bar, updated my blogroll, added and deleted a few tidbits. Check it out. If you are new here and would like to read previous "The Making of a Biker Chick" posts, I've gathered them all together in the side-bar for your convenience. I'm cool like that. *wink*

If I am reading and commenting on your blog and you don't see it listed in my blogroll, please accept my apologies for the oversight. Let me know and I will add you PDQ. (or when I get around to it)




27 comments:

tera said...

It's totally Radiator Springs! I love it. It's beautiful country and I'm s-o-o jealous.
...and up too late checking blogs...:)

Pseudo said...

Ah. The photo journey is a perfect end to my evening before I retire. I miss road trips oh so much and this journey you traveled is drop dead gorgeous. I want to copy you and do the exact same trip. But we might have to take a car because hubs and I have not done motorcycles... It does not look like the beginner's course.

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

Fantastic pics!!
I so wish that you would join us for our "Friday Shoot-Out" Smart Mouth Broad.
We have a lil, but ever expanding group that post a series of snaps focusing on one subject every Friday. Last Friday was people...this Friday will be houses.
There are no rules, you can post whatever strikes your fancy about the subject....with or without words. It's totally up to you. Think about it if you will. You take amazing photographs :)
Whising you and Harley and E~X~T~R~E~M~E Sunday!!

Steady On
Reggie Girl

CocoDivaDog said...

Good morning SMB,
Thank you for sharing these amazing photos.
Now I MUST travel out West to see Big Sky Country. And that photo of looking down gave me a nose bleed.
How sexy that you and Hubbs travel via motorcycles!
See you later in Tweetsville!
xx00

Unknown said...

More fantastic photos. I didn't get a nose bleed looking down that canyon, I tippled right over into it!

Smart Mouth Broad said...

tzajack-It was "Radiator Springs" although we were no where near Route 66. I know what you mean, I was up way too late writing.

Pseudo-You will love it but I have to warn you that I think you see more on a bike. I know I do because otherwise I might have been sleeping or reading.

Reggie-I'll have to check it out but I really don't think my photography skills are that great. Don't let these pics fool you, you just couldn't take a bad shot of this kind of beauty.

Auntie-You will love it. Sorry about the nose bleed.

Gaston-Oops!

Anonymous said...

First of all, what I'm most impressed about is the fact that you can remember where every one of those pictures were taken. So much of that country looks the same and after that much time I'd look back and wonder....was I really there and why can't I remember? I've GOT to start taking my DHEA again. Anyway, you've made quite a biker chick.....diamond earrings and all. :)

Smart Mouth Broad said...

MLS-Confession: I took literally thousands of pictures on this trip. I filled a 1gb card and used a good portion of a second one. I probably wouldn't have remembered but I organized them into folders when the trip was fresh in my mind.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. Don't know how you managed it, especially the pics from the back of the bike. Pretty nifty of you. Were they taken during breaks from the iPod pillion dancing, lol?

Smart Mouth Broad said...

Tessa-Taking the pictures was easy. Dealing with the frustration when MHS wouldn't slow down enough for me to get the shot I wanted wasn't fun. He was usually pretty good.

cheatymoon said...

Amazing as usual, SMB. Just gorgeous. Happy Sunday.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love being able to virtually travel with you. I can't imagine how wonderful it must be to travel the country on a bike. I've only ever been locked up in a car.

And, when is the next road trip scheduled?

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures. Wayne used to have a cycle and we'd do day trips. Thanks for the memories:)

Jason, as himself said...

Wyoming has never looked so good!

rachaelgking said...

Reading your blog is making me think that if I don't take a trip soon, I'm going to burst...

Beth said...

Phenomenal pictures! I've never been on a motorcycle trip but I hope my sweet husband will get that obsession pretty soon. Then maybe I can get the chance to take some pictures from the back of a motorcycle. It sounds like fun!

Again, great adventure! I love your sense of humor.

Anonymous said...

Hubby would love to ride there! Now, this old broad is scared to death of motorcycles but I bought one for Hubby for his 50th B-Day but I have never been on it. Maybe if he gets a side car. :-)

Pretty pictures. Haven't been past Laramie.

Smart Mouth Broad said...

Movie-Thanks and Happy Sunday to you too.

BV-No current plans for a bike trip. First the kitchen, then we'll talk about another bike trip.

JeanMac-I didn't know you used to ride. (Hugs)

Jason-It's hard to take a bad picture with beauty like that.

LiLu-Just do it.

Beth-You'll have to work on him. Then we can ride together. Meet in the middle.

Delaney55-You should give it a try. I was nervous at first but you get used to it and you really do see more than you would ever see in a car.

Anonymous said...

THANK you for making me feel better about my memory. Really.....thank you.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

OH too cool! I just checked and I'm there. Sweet Cakes you are HOME FREE! :)
Ok...next trip add an extra seat on that bike for an old lady..ok? (Ok, ok..you can just film some of the fast hairpin turns and dangerous cliffs.) Just toss me a few crumbs..I'll be fine! :)
HUGS!!!
Mona

Anonymous said...

Wanderlust is an understatement! Oh, those photos are GORGEOUS!

Oh, my MITB post is up for this week. No recipe for a change!

Lo said...

sigh. this made me want to sell all of my crap and hit the road for whoever knows how long. i have wanderlust!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Coach and I took this same route, but in a car, a few years ago. It would have been the best trip ever but I had a broken leg. I want to go back up that direction some day when both my legs are working fine and I have my camera handy.

CocoDivaDog said...

Hi,
I'm back again for another look, and for a question...
How did you guys get to Wyoming? Did you drive all the way out there on your bikes?
Just wondering.

Smart Mouth Broad said...

MLS-We are all in the same boat. *sigh*

Mona-I think you should get your own bike and ride with us.

Jan-I'm feeling it too. Thanks

Lo-I wonder what Vlad would have to say about that.

ST-Give me a call. I'd love to be a stow-away.

Auntie-MHS and I rode in our truck with the bike in the back to Indiana where we met friends and then trailered the bikes to Nebraska. We rode from Nebraska to I-da-ho. *wink* If you want to see just what a noob I was, check out the the first Making of a Biker Chick post at the bottom of the list in the sidebar. It tells how he talked me into it.

Midlife Roadtripper said...

Thanks for the Road Trip. Nice thing to do on a Monday.

Your site looks great!

Girl Tornado said...

What great pics! I'll just keep coming to your blog for my trip down memory lane *wink* .... I've been to Wyoming 3 or 4 times? Love that state, esp Cody and Yellowstone. Wonderful post. ;-) Oh yeah, thanks for entering my giveaway, and be sure to watch, I'll be having many more and you're bound to win eventually! :-)