Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A LOVE LETTER TO MHS

2009Cleveland
Dear Center of my Universe,

Even though you give me the same thing for my birthday every year and I love it, don’t get me wrong;  it would be nice if the package from the White House Historical Association wasn’t still on the counter when I get home from work.  After all, you could break with tradition and get me a gift card from Starbucks or a trip around the world.  One should never assume.


If you will make this very small effort to keep the mystery alive, I promise to act very surprised when I open my gift.  And please know that the delight will be totally sincere because even though I know what’s in that package, I’m still very excited.

I love you with all my heart and soul.

Yours forever,

SMB

*** Note ***
It occurs to me after reading some of your comments that I may not have made myself clear.  I am not unhappy with the gift or even suggesting that he add more to it.  I'm only requesting that he not leave it on the counter when he brings in the mail. 

22 comments:

Vodka Mom said...

I didn't know the white house sent vacuum cleaners as gifts.


huh. Who'd have thought?

Santa Claus said...

HO HO HO! Next time I will wrap it for him!!

cheatymoon said...

How did I miss that your birthday is coming up? It makes complete sense to me now that I know. Wow.

midlife slices said...

He had my number....tell him to call me next time and I'll give him a little help aka advice.

MUAH!!

Mike said...

You should follow Santa's link, it is kind of cute!

Anonymous said...

A December girl, eh? Happy B-day...

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Duchess said...

Uh oh.

But on the bright side, you must have a very impressive Christmas tree.

Heather said...

How about something in his leather vest pocket, along with the usual gift from the white house!

Brian Miller said...

i hear what you are saying, there is just something to the mystery...

Arkansas Patti said...

How cool that Santa is one of your visitors.
Kind of sorry your Bday and Christmas are together. Always felt those like you got gypped.
MHS may lack in presentation but his thought is awesome.

Jan said...

I hear you. Last night, Beloved says to me, "I have something I need you too look at." It turned out to be a bunch of links to tabletop photography studios, which is fine since I asked for one.

But you know, once I'd picked out the one I liked, he could have gone another route besides saying, "Great - go ahead and order it."

*sigh*

Unknown said...

Yep, would be nice if there was a little mystery there but at least he's getting you something you really want.

Happy birthday fellow Sagittarius; mine's next week!

Pseudo said...

I have a similar situation over here. Hubs' presents are not a surprise, usually, as he asks and then gets what I ask for. But he used to just hand me the shopping bag a week before Xmas.

Beth Niquette said...

Aaaaaw, what a sweet post! Guys actually can be quite thoughtful.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Ann Imig said...

Happy Birthday.

Let me guess..A red and gold saari?

Debbie said...

Hey girl...my birthday is in December too...the 30th! Happy birthday and have a wonderful holiday with your sweetheart and your family. I'm so glad I got to meet you in this format...you are a real treat!

Fragrant Liar said...

Yeah, way to dump cold water on a hot, um, surprise.

Happy Birthday, SMB!

Barbara said...

I'm a December birthday too! Enjoyed my first visit. Now how did I get here? Oh- from Santa's blog.

Andrea said...

You're a hoot. My hubby's b-day is right after Christmas, so it's always a challenge to buy for both, and then split up the stuff. He doesn't seem to care that his birthday has always been overshadowed...do you?

Mike said...

Santa got it right! LOL

Lori said...

How about I just say Happy Birthday....lol. I totally get this...:)

TONY LETTS said...

Thanks for the reminder. I've left her present out on the counter - will go get it right away