I am hanging my head in shame. A few of my very good bloggy buddies have bestowed awards on me and I’ve procrastinated so long about posting them that I believe they have expired. I am so NOT worthy. If you have given me an award in the last month or so and I haven’t posted about it, please forgive me. Let’s chalk it up to my being
an idiot lame undeserving forgetful.
Today, I received an award from my bloggy friend, Funny Girl at Funny Girl Goes Blog. She is a real sweetheart to honor me with this award that I clearly do not deserve. (see above) And I figured that I better post it ASAP before I forget
my name where I live all about it. Without further ado, allow me to present:
The Love My Friends Award is given to those bloggers who aspire, inspire, and share the most beautiful of human attributes; art, wisdom and friendship. Deliver this to eight friends who must deliver it eight more. (I think that Funny Girl may have gotten me confused with another blogger but Shhhhhh, if we are very quiet she might not realize it and I can place this purdy thing on my mantle and claim it like it’s my own.)
Along with forgetfulness, I am also not very good at following instructions. I’m going to try really hard this time though. *scout’s honor*
Somebody, remind me to come back to the instructions later…….
Before we worry about that, I’ve been tagged with a fun little MeMe, meme. (I still don’t know how to say that……Where is Thistle? She was so informative about this sort of thing? And she loved herself a good mem………….whatever)
My new buddy, Donna over at Carnwath’s Corner has tagged me with the Crazy Eights Meme. I’ve done this one before
I think but I will try to come up with some new material or I might just copy what I did last time and you’ll never know.
Eight Things I Am Looking Forward To:
1.going to Virginia.
2. having cookouts.
3. taking the boat out.
4. go fishing.
5. painting my bathrooms
6. the winter, to have the fireplace going
7.my days off from work
OK, all the above were Donna’s answers but they were really good. I’ve never been to Virginia. I would like to see it. Now where’s my boat?
OK, I promise not to cheat again………………………..really.
Eight Things I Did Yesterday:
1. Conversed in Spanish even tho I don’t speak Spanish.
2. laundry. I’m always doing laundry.
3. Went out to dinner at our favorite haunt and had the best server EVER…..Daughter #2.
4. Lost a bet to another server and paid up. A deal’s a deal.
5. Watched the Cubbies lead in the first few innings against the Braves. Anybody know how it ended?
8. Yesterday was a long time ago. I’m surprised that I came up with 7.
Eight Things I Wish I Could Do:
1. Sing like Carrie Underwood.
2. Go on a really LONG vacation.
3. Remodel my kitchen myself. (I’m sure I could do it if someone would just show me how.)
4. Build a tiki hut on our patio. (You know, with my new remodeling skills – see #3)
5. Travel………………….everywhere. So many destinations, so little time. (see # 2)
6. Tap dance like Gregory Hines.
7. Wear a size 6.
8. Remember everyone at my high school reunion next month.
Eight Shows I Watch On TV:
1. Royal Pains
2. The Mentalist
4. Brothers and Sisters
5. Army Wives
6. In Plain Sight
7. How I met Your Mother
8. Big Bang Theory
OK, now I’m supposed to tag 8 bloggers for this meme. But since I can’t really follow directions exactly, I’m going to combine the Friendship Award and the meme. The following bloggers get both. (You can show your appreciation with chocolate chip cookies)
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you………………………………………the WINNERS!
8. Mrs K who is my new hero because she can curse like a drunken sailor in English and Spanish.
Thanks again to Donna and Funny Girl. You guys ROCK!
By the way, from now on……………I’m blogging with wine instead of whine. It goes down much more smoothly………….much smoother…………….smooth…….hmm?…..EASIER.