Hook: She told him stories. He taught her to fly. How?Much to my surprise, Creepy, over at Tiptoeing Through The Tulips awarded me with a fun and purdy award. If you aren’t already reading Creepy’s blog, get on over there and check her out. She is one of the most gifted writers I’ve ever read and her stories will warm your heart, make your blood boil and leave you laughing your arse off. Disclaimer: If you are easily shocked, offended or otherwise put-off by language rivaled only by drunken sailors, pirates and the New York Jets locker room last Sunday (GO COLTS!), you might want to take a Xanax before visiting Creepy.
Wendy: You just think happy thoughts. They lift you into the air.
Hook: Alas, I have no happy thoughts.
Wendy: That brings you down!
Hook: [Hook threatens to cut Wendy's throat with his hook] How else?
Michael: Fairy dust! You need fairy dust!
The Lost Boys: Michael!
Hook: What of Pan? Would unhappy thoughts bring him down?
Wendy: He has no unhappy thoughts.
Now this award is not just your run of the mill award either. It comes with cupcakes! Sah-weet! That’s like getting two awards in one!
Like most awards, it is conditional. In order to accept and post the pretty cupcakiness bling on your blog, you must list 10 things that make you happy and then do one of them today. I know, I know. Forcing others to think happy thoughts and do things that make them happy is ……… well……. it’s just the most brilliant idea EVER! Oh and one more thing: Once all the fun is over, create some more fun by awarding ten more bloggers with the Happy 101 aka CUPCAKE award!
Assuming this isn’t your first visit here (and if it is, Hello, I am so very happy to make your acquaintance. I do hope you’ll visit again soon. Can I get you something to drink?) you already know that my family makes me very happy so let’s just call them #1 and I’ll start the list with 1A
1A. Walks on the beach make me very happy. Alone, with a friend, with my family, any beach walk will do. I love how the roar of the surf, the briny breezes and sand between my toes can soothe my soul like no other place.
2. The way the dogs greet me at the door with tails awaggin’ like they are so glad I am home makes me happy. The fact that they behave this way even when I return from getting the mail from the end of the driveway makes me really happy.
3. Watching 24 on Monday nights after a Monday workday makes me really happy. And when no one utters a single word during the entire episode, that makes me ecstatic! And if I don’t fall asleep during a commercial – HEAVEN! (and I watched my boyfriend, Jack today.) Disclaimer: this post was written on Monday but posted on Tuesday.
4. Finding real friendships in Bloggyville that I never would have imagined when I started this gig makes me so happy. You have brought more joy, laughter and enlightenment to my world and I am eternally grateful for the blessings of your friendship.
5. The fact that every single day my laptop tells me to replace my battery but still hasn’t crapped out makes me happy.
6. My good friend, Miss Lolly, shared her rum cake recipe with me. That makes me AND My Harley Stud very happy. Hopefully, I will still be as happy after receiving my blood sugar results. EEK!
7. Weather cool enough to light a fire in the fireplace makes me very happy…….and cozy too. Life under my FSU blanket, with a
8. Chris O’Donnell on NCIS Los Angeles makes me very happy. He is my Tuesday night boyfriend. But shhhhh! Don’t tell Jack!
9. Wine/Whine on Wednesday, a monthly, sometimes weekly date with Miss Lolly, makes me happy. More wine, more happy.
10. Sleep makes me happy. I love to sleep. Sleep is good. Sleep is very good. Sleeping when it’s below 50 degrees f outside makes me really happy. I love to pile on the covers, dress in comfy, warm jammies and snuggle all night long. And this is #10 so I’ll soon be off to bed to do just that. :-)
Pretty good happy thoughts, don’t cha think? Now for the hard part. I hate the hard part. I like things easy. Easy like Sunday morning. And so……….I’m tagging all of you. Yep. Every single one of you can take this cupcakey award and make it your own. All you have to do is follow the rules. *wink*
Smart Mouth Broad