………and as it turns out, I AM the Queen of EVERYTHING. The problem is that not everyone acknowledges that fact. (Another problem I will have to address in the New Year) Nevertheless if I were properly recognized as Her Royal Highness, a few things would be different around here at Christmas time:
- 1. “I have to finish my Christmas shopping.” would be considered a legitimate excuse for a paid day off from work.
- 2. Christmas cookies would have no calories.
- 3. No cancer. No cancer ever but cancer at Christmas is just WRONG.
- 4. World peace.
- A lack of simple common courtesy, such as “please”, “thank you” and “excuse me”, would be punishable by death….or at the very least dismemberment.
- Christmas traffic would part like the Red Sea to allow the Queen to pass.
- Santa would lend the use of all his elves so that the Queen’s shopping, cleaning, baking, packing, wrapping, shipping (Yes, thank you very much, I do know that it is now too late for much of this. Dear Sister, expect a New Years package.) would be done in time to enjoy HUGE amounts of Christmas cheer.
- Fireplaces in every home. Fires make things so much more cozy. (And so much easier for Santa. )
- Peppermint Mochas all around.
- Last but certainly not least, The Queen DEMANDS that you all:
HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!