First things first. I really didn’t mean for my last post to be so mysterious. I’ve posted before about visiting Daddy at the lake and while I’m no fisher(wo)man, I love to just be there and look. Sometimes we fish but mostly I just watch. When you live on a lake, someone is always fishing. The above picture is the only fish that I “caught” with my camera. It is a gar. The others were too fast. There are many tilapia beds right under the dock but the water was a little too murky this weekend to see them. Gators must have been stirring things up. EEK! I did see a really nice size tilapia. You can’t catch them with a pole too easily. You have to spear them or net them. Or so I’m told. Me, I just like to eat them.
Daddy is going to be away on Father’s Day so My Harley Stud and I went up to the lake for the weekend. Daughters #1 & #2 met up in Orlando to celebrate D2’s 19th birthday at the house of mouse. The girls and their friends had a great time and we all came together on our way home to have a celebratory birthday dinner at Logan’s Roadhouse. Can you spot the birthday girl? Yes, that is a crown on her head.
I never remember if I like the food at Logan’s or not. All I can think about is the rolls. If you haven’t tried them. You just gotta do it. Life as you know it will never be the same. I’ll be exercising those dang rolls off for a month!
This was the first time that Daughter #2 spent the majority of her birthday apart from MHS and I. My baby is growing up. I’m not sure how I feel about that.
That’s the BIG stuff in my life. My family. Make time to take time with your family. That’s the IMPORTANT stuff.
Mona of Wsprsweetly of Cottages has tagged me to list 6 UNIMPORTANT things that make me smile. Now, Mona, this could be hard because almost everything makes me smile. I’m a pretty cheap date and easily entertained. Nevertheless, since I’ve already talked about the important things that make me happy, here are some of the unimportant things that put a little jingle in my jangle.
1. Vegetables, fresh from the garden. Daddy sent me home with tomatoes, squash, peppers, cucumbers and onions. If you ever want to get on my good side, I can be bought. I’m a garden ho. Or is that a garden hoe? Anyway, with the exception of something that comes in a “little blue box” , fresh veggies from your garden are the best way to make me swoon!
2. Watching fishermen do their thing. I bet these two had no idea when they set off in that boat that their picture would end up on the internet…..Well, that’s what happens when you fish that close to Daddy’s dock.
3. Spanish moss hanging from the trees.
4. The view:
5. Beating family and friends at Wii bowling at Daddy’s house this weekend. MHS and I kicked butt……..causing our very southern friend to say, “Call mama and tell her to sell the outhouse, we just lost our asses.” Don’t cha love it!
6. Last but not least: Dirty deeds done dirt cheap! I’m told when things are all said and done, we will no longer have “waterfront” property every time it rains.
Oh and one more thing…….if someone would buy that house behind us or at least mow the yard, that would make me smile too.
Thanks, Mona for the tag and for reminding me of all the things big and small that make me a very happy SMB.
Hugs to all!