Thursday, July 2, 2009

MY THEME SONG

Even if you’re not a country fan, you should be able to appreciate this song. It’s what goes thru my head when I’m having trouble coping. (And that, my dears, happens way more often than I’d like to admit.)


Title: Don't Worry 'Bout A Thing
Artist: Shedaisy

Ever been misunderstood, misused, or misled
Ever knocked on the sky
and had it fall on your head
well, don't worry 'bout it, don't worry
Ever lost your luggage, your marbles,
your house
Or found yourself in bed with Uncle Sam or Mickey Mouse
Ever been accused of murder on Music Row
Or caught in morning traffic when you
really gotta go - Oh no!
[Chorus]
Life is funny, life's a mess
Sometimes a curse, sometimes a blessing
Don't worry 'bout a thing, don't worry 'bout it
Life gets sticky, life can bruise
Sometimes you win sometimes your losing
No matter what it brings
Don't worry 'bout a thing
Ever sat yourself down when the
seat is all wet
Or see your "ex" sucking face with
a little brunette
Don't worry 'bout it, no don't worry
Ever lost your religion, ever lost your
best friend
Or found your last record in the bargain bin
Or been stuck in a divorce like crazy glue
Or scraped someone else's gum off the
bottom of your shoe - Boo hoo!
[Repeat Chorus]
(Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah - Blah, Blah,
Blah, Blah, Blah, - Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah,
Blah)
Don't worry, don't worry
[Bridge:]
We all got a little junk in the trunk
And when you're feelin' good as sunk
Remember, everything will be just fine
If I laugh at yours then you'll laugh at mine
[Repeat Chorus 2x]
(Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah - Blah, Blah,
Blah, Blah, Blah, - Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah,
Blah)
Don't worry, don't worry
Life gets sticky, life can bruise
Sometimes you win sometimes your losing
No matter what it brings
Don't worry 'bout a thing
(thank you very much)

27 comments:

Jan said...

I like this!

Of course, I've lost my marbles. On more than one occasion.

cheatymoon said...

Oh that's so cute. I've never seen it. Thanks for sharing!

Liz Mays said...

I had heard of the group but not the song! Keep playin' it if it helps ya chill out.

Hit 40 said...

Cute song. The girls are adorable.

Lori said...

I love this song! Of course I've lost my marbles...at least once a week...and there is nothing worse then having to pee and your stuck in traffic...and I have my share of bruises too...I'm sure we all do. This is a great theme song!

Beth said...

Great theme song! I might have to borrow it sometime.

Anonymous said...

Well ain't that just the truth, and ya know what? I don't worry bout a thing. Love the song!!!

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Debbie said...

So many country songs seem to be about my life. Sad, really!

Kelly L said...

Very cute!

Love,
Kelly

Delaney said...

That song is so true, that's the scary part and sounds like it could have been written for me as well.

Sharon Rose said...

Now you know, I'm not much of a country music fan, but this is a great song! If I had a dime for everytime I got stuck in traffic and had to go, mercy me! But it would have been better if I had been able to aim in a coke bottle. . .
Lord knows there aint nothin' like sitting down on a wet seat. . . .
and I confess I have lost my religion too. . . .at times. . . with people who got stuck on stupid!

midlife slices said...

Yep.....I love this song and it should be everyone's theme song. I'm going to steal it from you. What are friends for, right? HUGS

Midlife Roadtripper said...

I'm so far behind on your posts. You go too fast for me. Just posted on your rhubarb entry. We used to steal it from the nuns who lived in a house on our street.

Hope all is well.

Michel said...

OOH! Now I can sing along!

Unknown said...

Not much of a country fan either but admit some of the best words about real life come from these talented songwriters, for sure.

Can easily see why it's your theme song and like Beth, I want to borrow it too!

Pseudo said...

This goes quite well with my most common saying, "you gotta take the good with the bad."

Thanks SMB ; -) Nice reminder

Vodka Mom said...

I ADORE this song. You KNOW I love country.....


all day....all night.

Smart Mouth Broad said...

Jan-OMG! Jan likes a country song! LOL

Movie-It's a few years old but I still love it.

BV-Oh I do, I do.

Hit40-they are cuties, huh?

Smiles-Me too. Me too.

Beth-Yours for the taking.

Di-True dat! LOL

Debbie-Yours and mine, both, honey.

Kelly-Thanks

Delaney-Have you been sleeping with Mickey Mouse again?

PS-Now, Sharon, how could you have grown up in Alabama and not like Country music? Hmmmm? Wonders never cease.

MLS-Steal away.

MLJH-I think I will slow down just for you. *wink*

Michel-Be careful, you'll never get it out of your head.

Jane-You're another one that surprises me. No to country? How can that be?

Pseudo-and "You can't always get what you want...."

VM-Atta girl! We country fans have to stick together. *wink*

Hit 40 said...

I still love your post on after I die. I am always giving instructions and what is to go down when I kick the bucket!!!

SaraG said...

Love all your posts from this past week. Sorry I haven't visited or posted comments lately. It has been a hectic week, but I am trying to get caught up!!
Take care and have a great 4th of July weekend.

Joanna Jenkins said...

That's a new song for me! Terrific. Now I'm off to pick up my marbles :-)

Enjoy the 4th!

Duchess said...

Goooooood song. But I am amused that this is what passes for country these days. I have been away too long!

Funny Girl said...

Love this song; I so relate!

Kelly P said...

Ha!HA! That is so funny! My daughter and I heard that on the way to Georgia and back. Yes we are both into country music.We both agree to the songs lyrics. Been there and still there. Hey! Being stuck in traffic is bad anyway but,when you have to go tinkle that is HELL!! !@#$%^&&*(*()?

JeanMac said...

Good song - applies to me in so many ways!

Girl Tornado said...

I've always liked Shedaisy and this song is just awesome. Certainly would fit me many days... it should probably be the theme song for most of us midlife women. :-0

Jourdan said...

I love this song!! I wish I could get a girl band together and call it something like 'shezinnia' or 'shelily'...hmm, just doesn't quite have the same ring, does it?

:)

Great song!
Jourdan