There is an alphabet meme circulating the blogosphere. I love memes. Maybe not as much as Thistle but I do love memes. I think they are a great way to get to know more about the blogger. I did the alphabet meme in December and my very good friend, Midlife Slices, gave me the letter "K". At first I thought that was a pretty hard letter but once I got started it didn't seem too bad. This time I've asked Nothing Fancy to give me another letter and she was kind enough to give me the letter "B".
The first thing that comes to mind when I think of words that start with the letter "B" are boobs, butts and bellies. My children went to public school. They had very strict dress codes in elementary and middle school. So I thought it was funny that once they reached high school, the only dress code was that they weren't allowed to show their boobs, butts or bellies. By the time D2 was a senior, they decided to go with uniforms but until that time the only rule was that you couldn't show the three "B"s.
The rules for this meme are that I am to list ten things I love that start with "B". If you would like to participate, leave me a comment and I will assign you a letter.
There are so many things I love that start with "B", it was actually hard to narrow it down to ten. But here they are:
- The Bible: No explanation necessary. Life's little instruction booklet.
- Balls, as in ball de foot, aka football. I love football. Not necessarily NFL but I love college and high school football. OK, I do love the Colts and Peyton Manning. I also love basketball. My team is the Pacers. I know they are bad boys but I'm an Indiana girl and I love my Indiana teams. And I love baseball. THE CHICAGO CUBS! I know, I know. I've learned to live with disappointment. Last but not least, I love bourbon balls. My mother used to make the best bourbon balls. I really need to look for that recipe.
- Bauer as in Jack. I love me some 24. I still have to catch up with the earlier seasons but I've been a devoted fan for the last three. Whatever you do, don't call me on Monday nights after 9pm.
- Bobby Bowden. FSU football coach. He just signed yesterday for another year. Jimbo Fisher is going to have to remain the coach in waiting for at least one more year.
- My Blackberry aka crackberry but that starts with "c". The things that this phone can do never cease to amaze me. I'm pretty sure that it would make me coffee in the morning if I only knew how to program it.
- The beach. I love the beach and I don't get there enough.
- Blue eyes. MHS has blue eyes. My kids have blue eyes. I even have blue eyes. Do you know that if my children had any other eye color than blue, MHS would have grounds for divorce. True story. Two blues always make blue. It was even on Jeopardy. I just love it when I know the answer.
- Breakfast at Tiffany's. This is one of my all time favorite movies. I just love Holly Golightly. I wish that was my name. Isn't that a great name?
- Books. I love to read and own hundreds of books. My favorite authors of late are Vince Flynn, Nelson DeMille and the ever popular John Grisham.
- Brad Paisley. I love the humor in his lyrics and the fact that he is a great musician. And he is married to that cute girl from Father of the Bride.
So there you have it. Ten things I love that start with "B".
If you would like to play along, leave me a comment and I will send you a letter right away. Or when I get around to it. Which ever comes first.