Saturday, January 31, 2009

I’M ONE OF THE COOL KIDS NOW


My good friend, Pseudonymous High School Teacher, has given me an award for the Coolest Blog. Isn't that COOL! I've never been one of the cool kids so this is a first for me. I'm always more of the cutesy, silly, dorky type. Cool just isn't a word that people usually use to describe me so it comes as quite a surprise that my blog is cool. I would like to take this opportunity to offer up my biggest cup of gratitude to Pseudo. Thanks, Girl! You're the Best!

***MUAAHHH***

If you haven't checked out her blog, go there now. For starters, she lives in Hawaii and posts great pictures and videos but there is soooo much more. I am honored to be considered in the same league.

As with any award, there are rules to be followed. The coolest part of this award is that the only rule is you have to pass this honor on to five other blogs. The hardest part is narrowing it down to five. I've been at this blogging thing for six months now. I would like to honor the first five blogs I started reading. After all, if they weren't cool, would I still be reading them? I said I'm not cool, I didn't say that my friends aren't.


***sound of envelope opening***

And the award goes to:


Jan's Sushi Bar

Midlife Slices

My Life Interrupted

Nothing Fancy

Of Thistles and Maple Leaves


Enjoy your award, Ladies. I love you all!

If you haven't checked out the blogs listed above, you're missing it. You will find recipes, gut-splitting, belly-laughing wit, a little sarcasm, midlife issues, family secrets, cuteness personified and really cool information. These women are a mix of backgrounds, education and cultures.

Just go there.

Now!

I'm a little bossy today, huh? Must be the hormones again. (I blame them for everything.)







19 comments:

cheatymoon said...

You are cool!
I'm blaming the hormones today too.

Anonymous said...

Awww sucks!! I'm honored. I think I got this twice today so does that make me double cool? No? darn!

Anonymous said...

You know you're a cool kid, even without the award. Don't pretend.

Congratulations!

Debbie said...

You are the definition of cool. Congrats.

Anonymous said...

Love that little girl in the picture.... how cute is that!

Di

Oh, by the way,,, have I told you that you are cool?

Pseudo said...

You are so cool. I mean, how many friends do I have that take biker road trips??

MAUAAHHH!

K Dubs said...

I think you're wicked pissa. That's Boston for really cool :)

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

OH.. GREAT COOL ONE, I am honored..thou wouldest let me comment upon your...blog!
Naw..seriously..you're cool..yep..you're cool..

Smart Mouth Broad said...

Movie-At least we have an excuse, right?

MLS-See there! You ARE twice as cool! But we already knew that.

BV-That's not what my kids say.

Debbie- Yeah, uh huh. LOL

BRG-Isn't she adorable. I'm still using the pictures from Da Man.

Pseudo-Don't let that fool ya. I'm a poor excuse for a biker chick. Any self-respecting biker chick would shun me.

Kathy-Is that Bostonian for Pisser? Like Pak your caa in Havad Yad? I used to have a co-worker that was from Boston. I did a pretty good impersonation of her. I used to read bedtime stories to the kids in my Boston voice. I like that: wicked pissa. I think I'll borrow it.

Mona-LOL!

Bookworm said...

ROFL re: Hormones. My husband's favorite joke is "How do you make a hormone?" You don't pay her. ::eye roll:: Yeah I know. *sigh* Don't I get an award for having to put up with him?!? LOL

And LOL @ Kathy. wicked pissa? I LOVE that.

binks said...

I don't know of anyone that rides around the country on the back of a motorcycle that isn't cool.
Congrats on your award.

Anonymous said...

Whoa! I just stopped by this Sunday morning while taking a break to see what was going on, and I find I've been awarded an award by the award-winning SMB!

Life just doesn't get any better.

THANK YOU!

Smart Mouth Broad said...

Mama-Yes, you get the Lame Joke Tolerance award! LOL

Binks-Thanks but I don't know that I'm kind of a sissy biker chick.

Jan-Oops! I dropped the ball on that one. D2 came home for the weekend and the after dinner games were starting. I got caught up in the excitement and completely forgot about the notification process. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Where i come from, all the cutesy dorky kids ARE the cool ones...throw in the motorcycle trips and friends with names like The Bike Nazi and you are definitely in the cool range...

and this is such a pretty award...how lovely...

amd isn't that vodkamom's Ruthii on that poster, love the tights...i think i need some of those....

Erin Moore said...

Congratulations on your bloggy award! You ARE one of the cool kids!


...I can't believe someone else actually knows what "wicked pissah" is! - I'm going to have to check Kathy out too! ...That's so New England!

Lori said...

First of all, already thought you were one of the cool kids. Secondly, congratulations on the award.
Thirdly, thank you for passing that award onto me. You are too sweet and I would love to be one of the cool kids with you!

JeanMac said...

Congrats. You deserve it. I will go reading the other blogs soon - I already read Midlife Slices so look forward to the others.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Thank you Thank you!

And yep...your blog is cool! Congrats!

K Dubs said...

Wicked pissa is like the crem de la crem... the bestest... the fantabulistic... you get the picture (or as I'd say - the pitchah) :)