It's award season in the Bloggy World and I've been given not one but two awards!
And here I am with my little black dress at the cleaners and my pearls in the shop to be restrung. What’s a girl to do?
This award ceremony is being interrupted for an announcement from the Emergency Broadcast System.
It came in the mail. The big announcement. My 30th class reunion. ACK! How did this happen? I’m certain that I’m not even 30 years old yet. And now they’re telling me I’ve been out of high school for THIRTY years! How can that be! I was never very good at math. *sigh*
I’m freaking! Remember a few weeks ago when I said that Valerie Bertinelli was my inspiration and that I wanted to be the best SMB I could be by my next birthday in December. Well, now I have to up my game and get my act together by the end of August! I have to admit, I’ve been lolly-gagging. I’ve struggled with getting started. I’ve been good about getting to the gym but my food choices have not been good choices. And I’m pretty sure that Jimmy Johns is on a mission to sabotage my efforts but that’s a post for another day.
Once again I’m turning to you, the experts. I have 4 months to lose the extra pounds. Any suggestions? I guess I know what I have to do but for some reason, I haven’t done it. What’s the secret to sticking with the program? I can’t do it. It’s my short attention span. I forget that I’m committed to a plan. I’m easily distracted by
chocolate chip cookies evil temptations and I cave to poor choices.
If you love me (you do love me, right?) or even if you just like me a little, have pity on this poor soul and send me your secrets. I’m on a mission now and have a good feeling that this event just might be the motivation to make it happen.
***And a little shout-out to Beauty and The Saint. Are ya wit me? Let’s make a grand entrance………….late of course.***
We now join the regularly scheduled program already in progress:
It is award season in the blogosphere. I am happy to announce that I’ve had two prestigious and quite flattering awards bestowed up on me this week. First, Jane of Gaston Studio, has presented me with the Bella award. She thinks my blog is lovely. I think she’s lovely. And speaking of lovely, Gaston Studio has some lovely things ON SALE for Mother’s Day over at her other site so go there and check it out. (Every self-respecting awards program comes complete with commercials, that was mine. -Jane, I’ll take my kickback in the form of a certified check………….or cookies, thank you very much.)
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you……………………………..Bella
The rules for the Bella award are:
1. Link the blog that gave you the award. Thanks, Jane. You’re the best!
2. Pass on the award to 15 bloggers who are new to you. I love this idea because it’s a great way to highlight new (to you) bloggers.
There are some really good blogs that I’ve recently started following. Check them out.They're lovely.
A la Recherche du Thyme Perdu (Besides loving her blog, I also love the name. It translates to Searching for lost thyme (time) Love it.
Mind Motion (I’m sure you’re secure enough in your masculinity to accept this pretty pink award, right? )
My Quality Time (Same goes for you, Joe)
Y’all feel free to take a brief intermission to get some popcorn and champagne on the house, of course. Then get comfy because there’s more. :-)
The young and beautiful Cheap Chick (I hate her) has bestowed upon me an honor that I will cherish with my Bella award:
This is an easy one. The rules include linking back to the giver – that’s a given.
But you also have to list ten un-cute things about yourself and then pass along the award to all or at least some of the cuties you know.
With no further ado, here we go:
- I’m a smart arse. (You’d have never guessed, huh?)
- Control freak! Yep, that’s me.
- I can’t shut up. (yet another obvious fact)
- I have a somewhat new wrinkle in my forehead that makes me look like a confused Boxer. Definitely NOT cute.
- I make up the rules as I go along.
- I have a very strange sense of humor and crack myself up…….but no one else.
- I don’t like sexy underwear. They’re uncomfortable.
- I am completely neurotic about making a bed properly. You do know that the pretty sides of the sheets face each other, right? Spread the word. And another thing: Hospital corners, people. Just do it and nobody gets hurt.
- I secretly LOVE bologna sandwiches. (Shhhh, that’s just between you and me.)
- I whistle (the kind with two fingers in my mouth) to call my dogs, kids and husband. I will also use this method to gain attention in a crowded room and will sometimes use it to show my appreciation of a job well-done. It’s a talent I’ve honed to perfection much to the dismay of my family. You can take the girl out of the country…………
Believe me when I say the list of un-cute things about me is endless. I’ve only scratched the surface here. But the rules are 1o and I am nothing if not a rule-follower
unless I don’t like them and then I make up my own.
I know a LOT of cute blogs and bloggers but today I’m going to highlight just one.
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you……………….just the cutest little blogger ever.
Be gentle with her. She’s a bit shy and currently recovering from surgery. She is sweet, sweet, sweet
unless you make her mad. You’re gonna love her. I do.
I’m a bit overwhelmed to have my blog considered cute and lovely in the same week. I’m flattered and hope that I live up to those descriptions. Now if I could be as cute and lovely as my blog, I’d have nothing to worry about at the reunion, right?