It is awards season in Bloggyville. I am flattered and honored to accept some really cool awards from some really cool bloggers.
The first award comes from Pseudo at Pseudonymous High School Teacher. I met Pseudo early on in my blogging experience. Since those first comments back and forth, we have developed a friendship that I cherish. But besides being a friend, Pseudo is an amazing woman who lives in paradise with her husband and two wonderful children. She is a breast cancer survivor and an amazing writer. She continues to inspire, entertain and engage me with every post. She is also an English teacher which gives me hope for our future. With teachers like Pseudo at the helm of our childrens’ education, we can’t go wrong.
Pseudo has awarded me the Noblesse Oblige award. I’m not sure what Pseudo was thinking when she included me with the other blogs that she awarded this honor
but I think wine might have been involved. I am humbled and a bit overwhelmed.
This award like all other awards comes with instructions and rules. They are as follows:
The recipient of this award is recognized for the following:
1) The Blogger manifests exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances that pervades amongst different cultures and beliefs.
2) The Blog contents inspire; strives to encourage, and offers solutions.
3) There is a clear purpose at the Blog; one that fosters a better understanding on Social, Political, Economic, the Arts, Culture, Sciences, and Beliefs. I slipped thru the cracks on this one. I’m not really sure what the clear purpose of this blog is so if someone else knows, please email me. But shhhhh, don’t tell Pseudo.
4) The Blog is refreshing and creative.
5) The Blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking.
The Blogger who receives this award will need to perform the following steps:
1) Create a Post with a mention and link to the person who presented the Noblesse Oblige Award.
2) The Award Conditions must be displayed at the Post.
3) Write a short article about what the Blog has thus far achieved – preferably citing one or more older posts to support. I’m really sorry but I can’t think of a thing this blog has accomplished. Hmmmmm? Nope, I got nothin’.
4) The Blogger must present the Noblesse Oblige Award in concurrence with the Award conditions.
5) Blogger must display the Award at any location at the Blog.
There are many blogs that I think deserve this award. Some have already received it from Psuedo or others. Others still prefer not to participate in the award process. With that in mind, I would like to pass along this award to the following bloggers.
Janie at Midlife Slices – Janie doesn’t really like to participate in these awards but I will give it anyway. (You don’t have to follow-thru, Janie) I just couldn’t let this one go by without saying what an amazing blogger, friend and woman Janie is. She speaks her mind and is true to herself and everyone else in her life. Janie inspires me and has taught me so much. (Some bad habits along with the good ones *wink*)
Jan of Jan’s Sushi Bar-Jan will astound you with you her wit and wisdom. I would read Jan’s blog just for the recipes but she is so much more. Jan is who I want to be when I grow up. (Which is sad because she is younger than I am)
Fancy of Nothing Fancy-Fancy thinks she is nothing fancy but in fact she is quite fancy. She is drop-dead gorgeous, a fashionista and can tell a love story like nobody’s business. And she kissed Luke Duke.
Linda at Crone and Bear It-Linda never fails to make me laugh out loud. I love her sense of humor and her sarcasm. You never know what you’ll read at this blog but rest assured you will leave it glad that you came.
Mona at Wsprsweetly of Cottages-Mona’s eye for decorating is reason enough to stop by this blog. But it’s when she gives you that rare glimpse into her life that her words really come alive. Dig thru her archives and you will see what I mean.
Tricia at Shout – I don’t even know how to express the respect and awe I have for this writer. Just go there and you’ll see what I mean.
If you aren’t already reading these blogs, check them out. You won’t be disappointed.
Last week, I was notified by Jan of Jan’s Sushi Bar that she had bestowed her very own Sushi award upon me.
A Sushi Grade Blog! Gosh, Jan! I’m blushing. I am so honored to be given this award and to be included in the list of Charter Members.
A Sushi Grade Blog is a cut above other blogs that are canned and turned into salad or casseroles. A Sushi Grade Blog is fresh, lively and of superior quality. It is rare, has character and is of good taste.
Oh, and it’s packed full of heart healthy Omega 3 oils.
And since it seems there must be rules for awards, here they are:
1. Grab this nifty little graphic and display it proudly on your site
2. Choose 5 blogs of superior quality and list them, along with why the are A Sushi Grade Blog
3. Link to them, announcing their award
4. Leave them a comment letting them know they’ve been given an award
5. Link back to the blog that awarded you
Oh, and somewhere in all of this, list these rules (which, if I must say, are pretty standard).
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you my picks for the Sushi Grade Award:
It’s Only a Movie – I was first struck by Erin’s honesty but it’s her heart that keeps me coming back. I just love her. If you don’t already, you will too.
Fragrant Liar - The adventures of Miss America give me my cute fix but this writer is full of so much more. Yep, that’s right. I said she’s full of it. And I love it.
SnowWhite and the 76 Dwarfs – She’s young, fresh, funny and she loves sushi. Nuff said.
Jane at Gaston Studio - I am fairly new to Jane’s blog but it was love at first sight. She is a master story teller who has led a very interesting life and bit by bit is telling us all about it.
Midlife JobHunter – I quickly became a huge fan of this blogger and her way with words. Join her as she reinvents herself with a new job and whatever else lies beyond the horizon.
I was also given two awards in the last few weeks that I have already received. I’m not going to pass on these awards as I already have but I wanted to thank the givers just the same.
Thank you, Pseudo, for the Friendship Award. I am honored to consider you my friend.
A big thanks to Midlife Mama for the Zombie Chicken Award. I sure hope I’m not risking the wrath of the Zombie Chickens by not passing this one along again. EEK!
I highly recommend every blog linked here. If you aren’t already reading them, you don’t know what you’re missing.