I’ve been tagged by two bloggers for a six meme. Reader Wil and Jane at Gaston Studio have asked me to list six things that make me happy and tag six bloggers to do the same. If you haven’t already, please check out these fabulous bloggers. Wil’s eye with a camera will delight you with color and beautiful destinations. Jane has led the most amazing life and is one of the most interesting people I’ve ever “met.”
This task shouldn’t be too hard as I’ve recently been smacked upside the head with a reality check and have taken note of my blessings in the process.
My family and friends make me very happy. That’s a given. Instead of listing the obvious big stuff in my life, I’m going to list the little things that make me happy.
In no particular order, I give you:
- My weekly beach walks. It’s easy to forget that I live in a sub-tropical paradise when I limit my activities to work, home and errands. I’ve made a conscious effort to appreciate my surroundings at least once a week. (Even when the weather is a little crappy.
- Practicing random acts of kindness even when the recipient of such acts might question my mental stability. I took a lovely photo of a father and son at the beach yesterday. I then asked the man if I could have his email address so I could share the picture with him. He hesitated (read squirmed as he clutched his son’s hand and tried to find the nearest escape route) and then gave it to me in good faith that I wasn’t some crazy stalker woman. Poor guy. He has no idea. Later when
braggingsharing about my kindness, Noleboy accused me of practicing random acts of creepiness. I get no respect. *sigh*
- My new BFF, Wii Fit says I’m 34 years old. So what if that means I got married at eight and had D1 at twelve. That’s my story and I’m stickin to it.
- Rain. It’s been a long time coming. We needed it so badly. I know that it ruined a lot of Memorial Day weekend plans but everything looks fresh and green again. My grass has come back to life.
- Summertime with both of our daughters here at home. It’s going to be great.
- Iced coffee. with chocolate mint truffle creamer. and whipped cream. with a drizzle of chocolate syrup. and a straw. in a tall glass. by the pool. Guess where I’ll be today.
This was a fun little meme. Now I’m supposed to tag six bloggers to list their six things but you know how I love to change to rules to suit ME. I’m tagging all six of you. Yep, YOU! Take it and run with it. It’s fun.
Happy Memorial Day, everyone! I hope it’s a great one for you. Fun and relaxation. And to my American readers, take the time to stop, reflect and thank our US troops for all they’ve done, all they do and all they will do to protect and serve.
To all those who serve today and those who’ve served in the past, a very heartfelt THANK YOU from Smart Mouth Broad and family
God Bless America.