Monday, June 15, 2009

THE IMPORTANT AND THE UNIMPORTANT

DSC03867

First things first. I really didn’t mean for my last post to be so mysterious. I’ve posted before about visiting Daddy at the lake and while I’m no fisher(wo)man, I love to just be there and look. Sometimes we fish but mostly I just watch. When you live on a lake, someone is always fishing. The above picture is the only fish that I “caught” with my camera. It is a gar. The others were too fast. There are many tilapia beds right under the dock but the water was a little too murky this weekend to see them. Gators must have been stirring things up. EEK! I did see a really nice size tilapia. You can’t catch them with a pole too easily. You have to spear them or net them. Or so I’m told. Me, I just like to eat them.

Daddy is going to be away on Father’s Day so My Harley Stud and I went up to the lake for the weekend. Daughters #1 & #2 met up in Orlando to celebrate D2’s 19th birthday at the house of mouse. The girls and their friends had a great time and we all came together on our way home to have a celebratory birthday dinner at Logan’s Roadhouse.DSC03884 Can you spot the birthday girl? Yes, that is a crown on her head.

I never remember if I like the food at Logan’s or not. All I can think about is the rolls. If you haven’t tried them. You just gotta do it. Life as you know it will never be the same. I’ll be exercising those dang rolls off for a month!

This was the first time that Daughter #2 spent the majority of her birthday apart from MHS and I. My baby is growing up. I’m not sure how I feel about that.

That’s the BIG stuff in my life. My family. Make time to take time with your family. That’s the IMPORTANT stuff.

Mona of Wsprsweetly of Cottages has tagged me to list 6 UNIMPORTANT things that make me smile. Now, Mona, this could be hard because almost everything makes me smile. I’m a pretty cheap date and easily entertained. Nevertheless, since I’ve already talked about the important things that make me happy, here are some of the unimportant things that put a little jingle in my jangle.

1. Vegetables, fresh from the garden. Daddy sent me home with tomatoes, squash, peppers, cucumbers and onions. If you ever want to get on my good side, I can be bought. I’m a garden ho. Or is that a garden hoe? Anyway, with the exception of something that comes in a “little blue box” , fresh veggies from your garden are the best way to make me swoon!

2. Watching fishermen do their thing. I bet these two had no idea when they set off in that boat that their picture would end up on the internet…..Well, that’s what happens when you fish that close to Daddy’s dock.DSC03865

3. Spanish moss hanging from the trees.

DSC03862 If you remember, the last time I took pictures at the lake, there was no water underneath the dock.

4. The view:

DSC03843 Nuff said.

5. Beating family and friends at Wii bowling at Daddy’s house this weekend. MHS and I kicked butt……..causing our very southern friend to say, “Call mama and tell her to sell the outhouse, we just lost our asses.” Don’t cha love it!

6. Last but not least: Dirty deeds done dirt cheap! I’m told when things are all said and done, we will no longer have “waterfront” property every time it rains.

DSC03839 DSC03841

Oh and one more thing…….if someone would buy that house behind us or at least mow the yard, that would make me smile too.

Thanks, Mona for the tag and for reminding me of all the things big and small that make me a very happy SMB.

Hugs to all!

25 comments:

Hit 40 said...

Beautiful pics!!

Fun to see the kids grow up gaining independence. And...

hard to let them go.

cheatymoon said...

Love those photos! And your list. Always important to find stuff to smile about - big and little - every day.

Happy birthday to your daughter...

Beth said...

Your pictures are great! Where does your dad live? The moss hanging from the trees looks like trees around my town.

Happy Birthday to Daughter #2! They grow up fast!

Anonymous said...

The photo is priceless at the birthday dinner. Your family is gorgeous.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal
(Happy birthday to D2)

CocoDivaDog said...

Hey girl,
Everytime I think about my trips to Florida, I always think about that lovey Spanish moss.
We haven't been to your great state in about 3 years...the next time we visit we will have to swing by your neck of the woods.
tweet ya later.

Crone and Bear It said...

You take the best pics - I want to be at the lake. Ok now I want to be at the steakplace. No, wait I want the veggies. I smile about everything too except doggie gas - you simply can't smile then. Hugs!

Unknown said...

Man, that's a good looking family, every single one of you guys!!

Love your list of unimportant things, especially the Spanish moss (wish I'd thought of that one)!

Happy birthday to d2.

Jan said...

Ooooo - I want something in a little blue box!!

I had to laugh my bee-hind off at the outhouse thing; it made me homesick.

And happy birthday to D2 - you have such beautiful daughters!

Everyday Goddess said...

Beautiful!

I love Spanish moss too. But it doesn't like Connecticut. Sigh.

TONY LETTS said...

Well what makes me happy is ready happy blog posts! What a lovely family occasion

Pseudo said...

Love your photos SMB. Your daughters are goregous and have wonderful smiles, just like their mama.

The outhouse line was hilarious. You always make me laugh over here. So glad you had a great family weekend.

Optimistic Pessimist said...

I'm like that when it comes to bread. I'm a bread junkie...I love it and can't get enough. Anyway if there's a place that has really good bread I'll go there just for that. Even if the meal is mediocre.

Smart Mouth Broad said...

Everyone-D2 says thank you very much for your birthday wishes!

Hit40-Yeah. *sigh*

Movie-Thanks. :-)

Beth-I have a feeling you live pretty close.

Di-There were several takes. The server was having a hard time to get the flash to work. I'm glad we finally got a good one.

Auntie-You bet your boots, we're gonna met up when you come to Florida and if I ever make it back to NY.

C&B-LOL

Jane-Gee thanks. Love the Spanish moss. You probably get to see it everyday, right?

Jan-Wasn't that the greatest line ever?

CG-Yeah, we don't have it where I live either. I have to go to Daddy's to get to see it.

Tony-We try to keep it upbeat here in SMBland.

Pseudo-Thanks. I love that line too.

OP-I just know I could be at my goal weight if bread would disappear off the planet. Well that and chocolate and beer and wine and.....wait! Who wants to live like that!

Girl Tornado said...

Glad you clarified that's NOT your house, lol. Something like that right next door would prob drive me nuts!

Happy Birthday to D2 and yes, you guys are one good looking bunch!! :)

I'm a bread fanatic too. I'd rather have the bread or rolls at a restaurant if it's that good, and take the meal home for later.

Oh, and since my tick photo caused many to lose their appetite, I'm going to market it as the next big diet fad. The Tick Diet.

(it was pretty disgusting!)

Anonymous said...

There's not much better than home grown tomatoes. YUM!

Happy Birthday to the birthday girl!!! Ahhhhh to be 19 again!

Funny Girl said...

As always, great post!

Liz Mays said...

Wow, you sure live in a beautiful area. I always love your photos.

Delaney said...

What a nice place to be! I would never leave especially when I can fish. I caught a 9 lb. Gar once and that was the biggest fish I ever hooked and the feistiest. Nasty looking suckers though.

It is hard to watch your babies grow up and be independent and away from you. Mine are 31 & 28 and it still doesn't seem that they should be so totally on their own.

Fragrant Liar said...

Your daddy's place reminds me a whole lot of my sister and brother's place on Lake Weir. Their back yard was nice and huge and had some gorgeous spanish moss too.

Happy birthday to your little girl. They do grow up so fast, don't they? Mine sure did.

namaste said...

i never get tired of seeing your great pictures. and your daughters are beautiful! i love the crown!

;)

Lori said...

What a fun list of things that make you happy. Sounds like you had a great time with your dad. You are a beautiful family!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I am not sure why...and it doesn't matter as it is not important but this post made me cry and smile all at the same time.
If I were there I would hug you and hug you! Thanks, SMB. I'll get past it. I'm just having one of those moments old people have when something gets to them! :)

You are all so beautiful!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Poor baby...I forgot to wish D2 a happy birthday! Happy Birthday, Sweetie!

midlife slices said...

You always have the best posts!! The birthday celebration looked really fun and I noticed the roll baskets were empty. LOL

Anonymous said...

I'm just getting my first veggies out of my garden and we are enjoying them so much. Noting better than home grown veggies! Glad you all enjoyed the birthday celebration and your HS looks like one happy man to be at that table with all those beautiful women.