Thursday, October 2, 2008

ROADTRIP: PART III (Moonlight, Moonshine & Mooning)



Day 2 in Indiana found us riding to the Cracker Barrel for breakfast where I think the hostess was mad at us for some unknown reason and then South to visit MHS’s parents. We had a great day of riding, the weather was perfect and it was a lot of fun to spend the day with the Biker Nazi and The Saint. The Saint and I are both a little on the goofy side, a trait I inherited from my mother, the biggest and most lovable goofball of all time. I’m not sure where The Saint gets her goofiness. You just never know what’s going to come out of her mouth next. She’s a lot of fun. When things get a little dull, she will find ways that entertain me like no one else. Last year on a trip she had me biting off pretzels strategically to spell our names. It’s a lot harder than it sounds. Try it sometime.


BN and TS’s son had a football game that night. He’s a senior and was playing offense and defense. I love football, especially at the high school level and had never had the opportunity to watch him play.


Go Panthers!

While sitting in the stands we were joined by a little girl who informed me she was five years old.I told her I was six but they make ‘em pretty smart these days and she looked skeptical. But that didn’t stop her from just coming up the bleachers and planting herself on my lap. She was a doll and I was completely charmed by her. The game was won in a blow-out, no, wash-out, no shut-out! Hey, I said I love football, I didn’t say I know all the terms.

The Charmer
After the game, we rode into the spill-over town to catch a band and walk thru the booths. The band was pretty good but the real entertainment was watching the drunken people dancing to the music. We were joined by friends of the Biker Nazi and The Saint. Rainman and Tiny Dancer were there and so were the Hunter and the Texan. I asked a stranger passing by to take a group picture of us that I planned to post but without my glasses, I didn’t realize the picture wasn’t bright enough and didn't request another. Note to self: Never ask a drunken woman with a hotdog in one hand and a koozi in the other to take a picture.
When we had our fill of making fun of drunken dancers and funny biker togs, we decided to get something to eat. Maybe it was us. Maybe it was something in the air. But the renowned Hoosier Hospitality seemed to completely escape us again. The service was terrible. I'm pretty easy going and not hard to please but this was getting ridiculous. Do you think it's the biker thing? We're good tippers and well behaved, I swear. Anyway, we had a good time.

Question: Which one is me? Answer: The photographer *wink*

When we finished dinner, we all decided we weren’t quite ready to quit just yet. The Biker Nazi suggested we return to his house for a bonfire. Normally I wouldn’t advocate a bonfire and alcohol but we’re responsible adults, right? I had beer at the restaurant, I switched to wine at the bonfire and then even tried moonshine. Good golly, Miss Molly, that stuff burns all the way down. The entertainment of the night turned out to be Tiny Dancer who dances like the quintessential white girl. She was later joined by the Texan. Being the newbie to this group, I had no intention of leaving the lasting first impression of my complete lack of natural dance ability. Give me choreography and I will get by but left to my own devices, well, it’s just not pretty.

We were also treated to the unexpected gift of being mooned by Rainman. I almost fell of my chair laughing but everyone else found this to be just your everyday Friday night pants dropping. It seems that Rainman’s behind is famous in those parts. There are pictures of his butt in birthday cards, text messages and of course live performances all around the county. I didn’t get an explanation and I didn’t ask.

Rainman also does a great impression of Dustin Hoffman’s character in the movie, Rainman. And he knows all the dialogue. I don’t think there is a one of us that will ever hear the word “yeah” uttered without hearing his voice. Another talent he possesses is playing the Cowardly Lion from The Wizard of Oz. And he bears a remarkable resemblance to that lion too.

The night ended with all of us and a dog lying on blankets under the stars searching for satellites. Personally, I found it very hard to spot any satellites because the dang sky wouldn’t stop spinning. We laughed and giggled and made fun of each other. I haven’t had that much fun for a long time. The party broke up at 3:30 and we were all proud of ourselves that we out-lasted BN and TS’s college son and his buddy who came home for the week-end. They were asleep by 1am. I’m pretty sure that puts us in the “cool kid” category. Or maybe just an embarrassment to our children. Either way a good time was definitely had by ALL!

17 comments:

Bear Naked said...

Cliffs notes edition:

A football game.
Watching drunks.
Bad snack service.
A bonfire.
Drinking.
Dancing.
And a mooning.

What's not to like.

Bear((( )))

Anonymous said...

Oh how I wish I'd been there! And about that service and it maybe being bikers, I think you're right. My oldest son is a biker and he said he gets treated like shit when he's all dressed in his leathers and it's so funny to me because that boy is the sweetest nicest most responsible man I know. He's deathly afraid of needles so he doesn't have, nor ever will have any tattoos or piercings.

And now I'm going to say it again.....WHERE IS YOUR MUG???

It looks like you had a great trip and I'm glad you had fun. You didn't happen to get one of those pictures of the moon, did ya? :)

Smart Mouth Broad said...

Bear-I know, right?

MLS-Now if you'd been there, I just might have danced too. You may be right about the biker thing. I think I scared an old woman in the ladies room at Cracker Barrel. Me...scary...too funny! I wasn't even wearing leather. (or tattoos or piercings)

Still not ready for the big reveal but maybe someday....

Alas, I was on the wrong side of the bonfire for a moon picture but I can have the Biker Nazi send me one if you like. He has it on his phone.

Anonymous said...

i was expecting a picture of the moon too...you know a lot of famous people LOL

great post! and what a wonderful trip...

Anonymous said...

omigosh...just clicked on the cowardly lion link and doh!...it took me to my own blog...thought i'd gotten lost in space there for a second...LMAO...too funny...

thanks for the shoutout...think i should go and link back to you, that will really make people dizzy!!

Anonymous said...

Yep...I'm with the rest...want to see YOU!

I'm certain you are merely sparing us and don't like to brag. It's kind of you to think of our feelings - knowing that we would certainly be jealous of your overwhelming beauty. ;)

Smart Mouth Broad said...

Thistle-I loved your post about the Wizard of OZ! LOL on making readers dizzy! You're welcome and thank you.

Fancy-Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. *gag*cough*gag again*
Oh Fancy, Fancy, Fancy, I think you've been spending too much time under those fluorescent lights in your office. You need some fresh air. It's gettin pretty deep in here! *wink*

Anonymous said...

Sounds like so much fun! I love high school football too. And people watching, and drinking, and dancing ....

Smart Mouth Broad said...

24-My favorite football is college, I think, then high school and then NFL but really only follow the Colts. I just LOVE Peyton Manning.

Anonymous said...

Oooo, I want a Harley. Man, that sounds like the PERFECT night.

I was just thinking yesterday that it's funny how times have changed: when we were kids we used to look up at the STARS, and maybe look for a meteor. Now we look for satellites.

Smart Mouth Broad said...

Goodfather-You should get one! A Harley that is. I was not a fan at first but have grown to really enjoy it.

And the next time I'm star-gazing, I'm gonna skip the moonshine and might even see a few satellites or meteors.

Reader Wil said...

Good post! You must have had a wonderful time! Thanks for your visit! Have a great weekend.

Smart Mouth Broad said...

RW-Thanks for stopping by. Come again.

Anonymous said...

When I read Goodfather's comment the first time, I thought it said he wanted a Harley Man. LOL

Smart Mouth Broad said...

MLS-I'm sure GF is going to love that you thought that. LOL

Pseudo said...

What a great time! I love the road shot. High school football is alot of fun, isn't it?

Smart Mouth Broad said...

PHST-I do love high school football. MHS and I still follow the high school where D1 and D2 went to school.