I'm in a funk. And I've got no good reason. PMS? Maybe. Whatever it is, it ain't pretty. Normally, I'm Mary Sunshine (or at least I used to be) but the last few days have me cranky, unreasonable, foul and here's a new word I've learned in the blogosphere: snarky. I'm not even sure what that means but I think it just sounds fitting. Let me know if I'm using it inappropriately. In honor of my less than cheerful mood, I am going to declare today: Ornery Thursday. I'm gonna get down and wallow in it. Let the crabbiness squish up between my toes. I realize that many use this day to be thankful. Not me, not today. I do that on Sundays (when I remember). Today and just today or until this nasty mood strikes me again, I'm gonna let rip with my Top Ten Seven Pet Peeves or at least the ones that I can think of at the moment.
- People who keep hitting the elevator button. (Like it's going to come to your floor faster if you hit the dang button 500 times) I was told by a New Yorker that this is a New York thing. Great, now I"ve got a whole huge city of people who p*ss me off.
- People who rush into the elevator before the people inside have a chance to exit. (I'm having elevator issues today)
- When people say, "It's always in the last place you look." Well, duh! Why would you continue to look if you found it. So of course it's the LAST place! (I'm guilty of using this phrase myself but that doesn't change the fact that it's a dumb thing to say.)
- The election. The media talking about the election. Commercials about the election. Phone messages on my machine about the election. The election, again, because I really mean it.
- Sarah Palin's glasses. I really like her glasses. I wish they were mine. They're not. So that's why they're on this list. Hate the nonsense…. (both sides) …Love the glasses.
- Breast cancer. Nuff said.
- Gas stations that advertise low prices and then when you pull up to the pump find that the low price is for cash only. Who carries that kind of cash around?Who goes inside anymore unless you need coffee or a drink?
- Uhhhhhhh. Hmmmmm? I give up. Maybe I'm not as cranky as I thought I was. I feel better now.