Thursday, October 16, 2008

THE IRON BODY CURSE

At the very beginning of this blog I discussed my experience with tackling the Iron Bodies class at my gym. Since that time, I've been trying to make it back to the class. It's been ten weeks. It's a great work-out. The instructor is an incredible motivator. I can't get there. The class is held once a week. I missed a few opportunities due to work. That's understandable. But every time I think I am going to be able to leave my office in time to get there for the bodily punishment work-out of a lifetime, something gets in the way. One week my boss's youngest son was sick and I had to keep him until she finished with surgery. Another week, an impromptu birthday party was thrown for my niece, Smart Mouth in Training. I could hardly miss that. There have been other excuses reasons I haven't made it back. MHS's birthday was also on the same day the class is held. Obviously I am not suggesting that I would prefer to attend Iron Bodies instead of celebrating my husband's or even my niece's birthday. I'm just saying that every single week since that first week, I can't make it there.

Yesterday, I planned to leave work early to run an errand and then continue on to the gym and be there in plenty of time. I walked out to my car in the parking lot. As I'm walking, I notice that something is not right. The right rear tire on my car is flat. My tires are no more than 90 days old. I stood there and looked to make sure I was not just seeing things. I made the call to MHS to come and rescue me. Assured that my knight in shining armor was on his way, I went back to my office and called a friend. I know, I know, today's woman should be able to change her own tire. Nah, that's why I got married. *wink*

So once again another Wednesday comes and goes without seeing me at the Iron Bodies class. I think I'm cursed.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's just not meant to be.

Thank Goodness, huh?

The Chicago Blogger said...

Things happen for a reason! :)

Anonymous said...

Something's telling you not to go....

You sabotaging your own car now?? ;)

Lori said...

I have not worked out since I left for vacation and now that I am back at home, I am too exhausted to hardly get my house back in order let alone work out. I am like you, that I get frustrated with trying to do something that is good for me, yet things keep interfering...ugg! I did not get to go to the spin class with my daughter so I am still clueless as to what that is like...maybe someday!
Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Yes, things happen for a reason and maybe that "friend" just needed to hear your kind sweet voice to soothe away all the ills of the world. In fact, I have it on good authority that it was exactly what I uhh..er...she needed. *wink*

Pseudo said...

Cursed? Or blessed?

Smart Mouth Broad said...

Fancy - But I really do want to go.
Diana - It did turn out that way.
Slick - I did not! It broke my heart to see my little bluebird of happiness limping.
Smiles - Glad you're back safely. Sorry we didn't get together but know you had a good time.
MLS - Things do seem to work themselves out in the end, don't they.
Pseudo - Welllllll? I'm not sure.

Anonymous said...

I personally love a tire that conveniently goes flat to get me out of stuff i'm feeling a little half-hearted about...my current excuse for getting a little less walking in...need new shoes, need daylight savings time, so short takes forever scraping the ice off the big car in the am and then i run out of time to actually walk etc...as you can see...quite creative...let me know if you need me to dream a few up for you

oh and 'rzzzt' now THAT"S a word verification...maybe even an actual word?

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you got a flat tire. It seems like flat tires and workouts go together. I used to work in a building with a gym. The building had security - one night I parked on the street, used my cardkey, and as I walked in, some guy came running up and tried to get in. I didn't let him in (he didn't have a cardkey). I came out later, and he had slashed my tires. All four.

I guess he REALLY wanted to work out.

Smart Mouth Broad said...

Thistle-Before we had children, a friend and I used to make plans to work-out together. When I would get to her house ready to go, we would end up sitting and talking or going shopping. If we didn't live on different coasts and in different countries, I could see you and I doing something like that. Coffee vs cardio. LOL

Goodfather - OMG! That's terrible. I have to think that guy was intent on doing something more sinister than working out.

Unknown said...

A bit of positivity: Even having signed UP for "Iron Body" classes is WAY past my motivation level! :)

Your head is in the right place, anyway!

Smart Mouth Broad said...

Jess-Now if I could just get my body to catch up....sigh.