While I am always grateful for the blessings mentioned here that make my life complete, today I am counting the simple joys in my life that add a little kick and make it interesting. (At least to me) As you will see, it doesn't take much to make me happy.
- The stolen minutes of sleep after the alarm goes off. Those extra moments when you're not really awake but in such a light sleep that you can appreciate the bonus minutes that you're getting.
- The recovery of D2's friend. She suffered three grand mal seizures due to a side effect of an antibiotic. She is out of the hospital now and recovering nicely. Praise God!
- The happy sound of frogs in my yard after it rains. It's something I had to get used to when we moved here. When they put their voices together it is so loud that you can't escape it. And now I don't want to.
- My laptop. D1 borrowed my laptop when she left for NC to job search. I retrieved it on our roadtrip and no longer have to blog in a cave the den.
- The smell of clean laundry. I think you get used to familiar smells and no longer notice them. I change my fabric softener often so that I can enjoy the scent of the clean fabric while I am folding.
- The dog at my feet while I write blog posts.
- My camera. I'm not a photographer. But my point and shoot camera has captured many precious memories. (which reminds me to back up my data)
- Vince Flynn books. I am currently reading Protect and Defend. I love his Mitch Rapp character. If you like the television show, 24, I highly recommend his books.
- Sweet tea. It is a guilty pleasure I can't give up. I am working hard at weight loss by cutting back on sugars and starches. And while I like unsweetened tea, sweet tea is my beverage of choice and because I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to food and beverage…..no artificial sweetener will do.
- That Florida State beat University of Miami yesterday! I love me some football! Yesterday's game was a real nail-biter at the end when we almost blew it big time let it slip away. But winning is winning whether it's by two points or twenty. Go Seminoles!
For what things are you grateful for today?